You DO NOT need a Commercial Radio Operator License to operate, repair or maintain any of the following types of stations:
1. Two-way land mobile radio equipment such as that used by police and fire departments,
taxicabs and truckers, businesses and industries, ambulances and rescue squads, local, state
and federal government agencies;
I know which license I need - Where do I go from here?
2. Personal radio equipment used in the Citizens Band (CB), Radio Control and General Mobile radio services;
3. Auxiliary broadcast stations such as remote pickup stations and others (except those listed in item 6 above);
4. Domestic public fixed and mobile radio systems such as mobile telephone systems, cellular systems,
rural radio systems, point-to-point microwave systems multipoint distribution systems, etc;
5. Stations operated in the Cable Television Relay Service;
6. Satellite stations, both uplink and downlink of all types.
Questions? Need to Register? Call our helpful staff at 888-722-2440 (9-5 Eastern)